Todays video is a quick 1.5 minute tour of the main recreation area. I've been pretty busy at work the last week so I haven't had time to get more of these up. Please be patient. My aunt saw the first vid and remarked that it looks like I live in a submarine. I've never been in one, but after watching "Crimson Tide" and "The Hunt for Red October", I have to agree! To me, with all those lockers, it's like living in a high school; the parallels are many.
In other news, I have been asked to join a new band that has formed in the last week. It is a Celtic/Irish punk-type thing which will incorporate tin whistle, violin, mandolin, harmonica, banjo, bass, drums, guitar, and any other instrument we can find. The personnel are a combo of "The ReTardis" (who will get a new name because I found too many other ReTardis's on YouTube), and QCAP (Quasi Chrystaline Arbitration Project). Our goal appears to be to involve every one on the station and thus, we perform for an audiance of snowmen! Seriously, this project is the brainchild of a proper Irishman here at The Pole. The music will come from The Pogues, Flogging Molly, and other similar Celtic bands. This music makes me want to drink again! Anyway, I will enjoy being nothing more than a player in this outfit. I expect the Irish lad to lead this foray since I have 0.0 experience in this genre.
In the last week, we saw a temperature swing of almost 60°F as we went from -98.2°F to -44° in just a few days. We're back down to -57° now.
We're back up to full capacity in the Power Plant after some anomalous machine behavior had to get sorted out. It's always good when the stuff that makes the heat and electricity is working at 100% and it's -60°F outside and no planes can land.