Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Progress

So here's where we started. Below is a shot of the truck after I ripped the engine out a couple of weeks ago.















When I showed up last Saturday morning, A decent amount of work had been accomplished. Previously, if I didn't do it, it didn't get done. With my partners on this project, stuff happens and I don't even have to be in the same state as the truck. This was my first view after Jim had done some fab work on the cage.



Once on the ground, some more tubing was added to strengthen the back end of the truck. When done, there will be a bunch of stuff added to the back end to help balance the whole vehicle.




By the end of the day, here's what it looked like back on the lift.



I'll begin building the engine next week once the rest of the engine parts show up. The diff's are with the Gear Guru, wiring diagrams are being drawn (by me), and the shocks and springs are en route. I'm hoping to re-assemble the engine in the next week or two and the truck should be back here before the end of March.
Although removed by thousands of miles, I still can't stop thinking about a simpler life in the most remote part of the world. Check out the sunset on the picture at right.