Sunday, March 2, 2008

Adjusting

I'm still getting used to the swingshift schedule that was put upon me. But, as usual, I have turned the proverbial lemon into rum and Diet Coke! The benefits so far are:


  1. I eat less. Therefore:

  2. I have lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks.

  3. I sleep amazingly well. Sometimes up to 10 hours.

  4. I can practice the guitar without worrying about someone wanting the band room.

  5. I use the internet at times when no body else does (therefore more bandwidth).

  6. I have the South Pole Station all to myself!

So instead of being bitter about not being able to hang out with all the cool people here, I am making this new schedule work for me.


One thought I had was about what to do after life here. On Saturday, I spent 2 hour solid hours on the black Les Paul. It felt so good! For some reason, the new saddle pieces and unused strings made the guitar feel totally fresh to me. I spent some time playing to the PX-4D rhythm section, and then playing along with some tunes I was planning to do with the cover band here. I have never felt more comfortable on a guitar. I fact, I am thinking about putting together a resume and (if I keep loosing weight) photographs and try to get another touring gig. It would be a lot of fun to play the Indian Casino and State Fair circuit with someone like Eddie Money or Del Amitri.

Yeah, maybe I'm still sleeping.........