Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sundown!

Sundown ya better take care
If I find you bin creepin' 'round my back stairs
Sometimes I think it's a sin
When I feel like I'm winnin' when I'm losin again.





Yes, the sun has hit the horizon; finally. The "Hell Star" has in my sky since October and not once has it had the decency to set in that time. The vast majority of the station enjoyed a 2-day weekend, whereas for reasons not made known to me, my department had only a single-day weekend as usual.





The sundown occasion was celebrated here with a very fine feast and a party followed. I was able to attend the "Surf and Turf" meal (best lobster yet), but partying was out-of-the-question since I was on-the-clock until midnight.
At midnight, I went up the the smoking lounge to celebrate sundown with a fine cigar. The lounge was filled with several other guys enjoying their extra day-off. One of them, a musician, said that earlier in the day he and other musician had an idea for a band and they wanted me to play guitar. These guys are aware of my messed-up schedule and are willing to work with it to put this band together. It should be a lot of fun! We've picked 15 great tunes from the 70's to play.





The weekend movie feature at [undisclosed location] was "I Heart Huckabees". This was not what I expected. I applaud the effort at trying to be interesting and different, but this movie just didn't rock my world. I can't stand Lily Tomlin, and Dustin Hoffman really get's on my nerves. The concept of "existential detectives" is pretty interesting, but...I don't know. It just didn't work for me.





At about 1:30am, we decided to watch a movie about people who have abused their credit cards called "Maxed Out" (of course). It was interesting. Although, the movie did try to take responsibility away from the individual, and put it on the credit card companies. To me, that's like blaming Jack Daniels for your alcoholism. Education and responsibility. Deal with it. BTW: Being here (for me) is better than an AA meeting. I barely drink at all anymore; maybe it's the altitude, maybe it's the attitude...
Bring on the Night.