Friday, May 30, 2008

My Dear Friends

Earlier this week, some of you may have received an email from me ("My Dear Friends") which contained either a blank message or some text about a Chinese import company. Obviously, I have no interest in spamming my friends, and I have no business with any sort of trading company. I have determined that somehow one of my Hotmail accounts was hacked, and my address book highjacked for this spamming. All I could do was change the password and hope for the best. If it happens again, I'll be terminating my 9-year old account with Hotmail. Apologies to all who received the spam.

Satellite timing continues to grow more difficult to work with for me. I now have to set my alarm to wake me up a few hours after falling asleep to initiate my internet business. By the time I get to work (at midnight) there is no more connectivity. Eventually, the timing will improve since it gets 28 minutes earlier every week.

At work, the decision was made to replace the wiring between one of the engines and it's associated switchgear. After replacement, things didn't look the way they should. I spent the night finding the faults in the new harness. It was great to use the skills I learned while troubleshooting those nasty Airbuses. By the end of the night, I had diagnosed all the faults and this unit should be back in service tomorrow.

One of my bands bit the dust tonight. One of the guys just wasn't interested enough to make it happen. The upshot of this is that I'll have more time to focus on the other band, and maybe a little more time to keep this blog upto date.

We're just about 3 or 4 weeks away from the mid-winter celebration. Believe it or not, time still seems to be moving along pretty quickly. Once we hit mid-winter, we're only about 8 weeks away from the sun starting to rise.