Monday, August 18, 2008

Weather or Not

It looks like hurricane Fay may just miss Miami, new home to my old friend KE. Welcome to Florida!

I just read an email from my good buddy Jon in Phoenix who mentioned getting out of town before a monsoon hit. I haven't thought of a monsoon in a long time. I kinda liked 'em though (except when I was on my bike).

We almost hit the magical -100°F mark this weekend; we got to -99.9°F. The sauna was fired up to prepare for entry into "The 300 Club". But alas, the final 1/10°F was not be had.

Saturday night the buzz was not that there were some great bands playing here, but that the faintest pink glow on the horizon was visible. So, we continue to inch ever closer to seeing the sun again. As I remarked to a friend, I really don't care until I need to find my sunglasses.

The two bands I'm in played Saturday night to a fairly lively bunch. I didn't get to see the opening band "Triceratops: The Revenge" because I had to enjoy a fine cigar to get my voice ready for the upcoming sets. The combustable Nicaraguan product was finished just in time for me to get set-up for the [censored] Irish band. We had a pretty good 6-song set. We had to restart one song because the drummer got lost. It wasn't his fault, the monitor mix got messed up by the 1st band. The other band "The Picardis" did a 20 song set which included about 12 new songs. I thought we did quite well. We were even called back for an encore. It now seems obvious that we have spoiled our audiance. Previously, they were over whelmed by us. Now, they seem to expect a really good show. We'll have to do something very special for the September 20 Sunrise show. We've already started working on another 10 songs. If we're all still around for a station-opening party, I can assure you that our summer replacements will be shocked by the quality of the live entertainment.

That's all I have for now.