Thursday, November 6, 2008

One to go...

Today is my last full day at The South Pole. Last night, we set up the PA system and band equipment for tonight's concert. Around 2 am I changed the strings on 4 guitars and one bass. My sleep schedule is now pretty much back to 'normal'; whatever that is. 

For the rest of the day, I'll be making final preparations in my room and also for the concert. At 10am, we will turn over all fire-fighting responsibility to the newly arrived summer people. Sometime this afternoon I'll have to do what is called 'bag drag'. This means all of my checked luggage for tomorow's flight has to be in a certain location so that our Materials people can tie it down to big trays that fit inside the LC-130. Whatever is left either goes into my backpack, or stays here for someone else to use.

Ever since I put together the montage (see below a couple of posts) I've had that stupid Bon Jovi song "Never Say Goodbye" stuck in my head. The reality is, I am quite ready to say goodbye to The South Pole.