I now have a really good guitar rig and have been contacting local bands who are looking for a guitar player. In the time since I used to play alot, I have forgotten how flakey most musicians are. Although I play the instrument pretty well (it's been 30 years after all...) I don't consider myself a musician. I think of myself as a technician and as such, not subject to the same level of flakeiness that afflicts many musicians.
I created a MySpace page to pimp my skills, yo. That seems to be the common way things like this get done. I will not give that link to that page though; I will keep this world and that world separate. I'll let you all know once I find the right band.
I've been on the move so much (and working 40 hours/week), that I haven't had much time on my bike. I did ride to Kalifornia last week, but that was a boring freeway ride. Maybe this weekend, I don't know.
Work is progressing nicely. I have a little more responsibility than before, and am staying a bit busier; happily.
The guy who used to live in this apt, has not successfully done an address change. Thus, I get a lot of mail for someone else. Loser.
My cheap Ford pick up is running fine. Time to get some groceries I guess.
A friend of a friend is trying to make it very easy for me to own a truck that will run a few off-road races next year and be able to do some rallies; best of both worlds. We'll see how this turns out...
So far, the Google G1 phone is miles ahead of the lame Motorola Q that I used to use.
It hasn't taken long for me to remember how much I hate broadcast radio. I may yet start my own radio station. 3 stations all playing AC/DC and all taking commercial breaks at exactly the same time; makes a guy wanna lock and load. I may need to get another XM radio (yes, I know about the merger).
One of the foods I find myself enjoying more than ever is a well-made hamburger. Not the fried, fast-food type, but a nice high quality one like can be found in the Four Peak Brewery or the Stockyards.
My cousin's speaker company SVS Sound has received great accolades from Sound and Vision magazine...way to go Ronnie!
I have been able to exchange a few emails with my good friend Ethan (blog linked at right). He's now touring Malaysia then heading for Thailand. I don't believe there is a better-qualified, more dedicated person who is not employed...makes no sense to me.
As you can now see, I'm all over the place. I am not really able to focus on any one thing, but am getting a wide variety of things rolling. I feel like I've put a new battery in an old truck.
I'm on the verge of some new things...watch this space for new and exciting stuff!