Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Yadda Yadda,,,

Alright, enough with the holiday thing. I did my xmas last week so I had some free time this weekend. This worked out OK, but I'd rather have done it like the rest of you; maybe next year.

After 6 weeks, I'm officially fed up with the management of my domicile. There are electric gates that my fob won't open, they close the package reception without notification, and they close the rooftop/cigar area without notification. This (and more) adds up to 'I won't be here anymore than I'm legally bound to'.

When I woke up today, the weather had cleared, and I decided to ride the mighty Rocket for a while. In spite of checking the weather, I still got snowed on. This would be perfectly acceptable at the South Pole, but on a motorcycle it sucks. It is now several hours later and I have still not fully thawed. I never used those glove warmers when I was in Antarctica, but I used 'em today! Here's a view:

The clouds in the background were carrying snow; I was only an hour north of Phoenix.

The one band audition I've had so far went OK, I have two more scheduled. The next two seem very similar to The Picardis band I was in at The Pole.

I'm still waiting for a Nordic Nymph to introduce herself, but maybe in time, this will happen.

I'm typing next to the pool and it's about 45°F. If I was on the sheltered roof like they show in the brochure, I'd write more.