Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Aftermath

There's a world where I can go and tell my secrets to
In my room, in my room
In this world I lock out all my worries and my fears
In my room, in my room
Do my dreaming and my scheming
Lie awake and pray
Do my crying and my sighing
Laugh at yesterday
Now it's dark and I'm alone
But I won't be afraid
In my room, in my room
In my room, in my room
In my room, in my room.

-B. Wilson 1963


The "Special Event" (described below) went very well. All the bands delived solid performances. The two bands I played with, The re-Tardis and The HMSADBP, performed well-above my expectations; everyone really stepped it up. The re-Tardis even did an encore set. About 2/3 of the station attended the event which pleased us all. Clean-up wasn't too bad either. As we loaded back into the band room, we rearranged it to give us more room to rehearse. We now have the daunting task of trying out-do the whole thing in 8 weeks for the Mid-Winter party. I was able to post pictures of the other acts in real time. Below are the two bands I was with.

The re-Tardis:


The HMSADBP:


About a week before this gig, my schedule changed. I now work midnight to 8 or 10am. This allows me to have afternoons free to practice with the bands. My day-off also changed. I had completely forgotten about the day-off change when I woke up Monday afternoon. I was just about ready to get dressed for work when I got an email from a friend (here) who asked about my day-off. So, I had absolutely nothing planned for this free time. This turned into a movie watching/sleeping marathon: MST3K (Attack of the Neptune Men), European Groupe B Hillclimbs, The Official Story of the Audi Quattro, LeMans (Steve McQueen 1968), Bullitt (Steve McQueen 1971). Dozing-off at various times, followed by solid sleep until 5:30pm. I must have spent some 30 hours in my room. Now, of course, I am well-rested and ready to go.