I was caught off-guard by our local time change. I think The States went to Day Light Savings a couple of weeks ago; we did it last night. Although signs were posted around the joint, I still failed to re-set my clocks. So, when I got up to attend a 10am band practice this morning, I was an hour early. Fortunately, there were a few other victims of Day Light Savings in the galley with whom I could commiserate and have some coffee (which was REALLY good this morning).
Could someone tell me why we observe Day Light Savings in a place where there is no day light for 6 months? What difference will an hour make? Does this make it easier to communicate with our associates in Denver? No, the phone still only works the same 11 hours per day (and, these hours still continue to change 4 minutes per day, everyday). I'm not complaining, this will never change.
Things are pretty much in a groove around here. Not too much exciting to report. The new bands are improving with every rehearsal. I realized that by not playing for the last 9 years, I now play better than I ever have. Did you catch that kids?: Stop practicing and you'll get better! It worked for me anyway.
I've also had a chance to augment and organize my MP3 collection. It is now over 300GB. Some of the people here had some really great stuff that my collection lacked.
I'm getting to know a few people here a little better. I was talking to someone last night who used to hang out at the same clubs in Anaheim/Orange that I did when I was in high school; she may have even been there at the same time. Small world. Of course, she was hanging at the (80's) Rock Club, while I was doing my best Brian Setzer imitation at the trendy Rockabilly club next door. Anytime I smell a clove cigarette (none here) I am immediately taken back to those days. It's funny how a smell will do that. I sure wish I had the same guitar I was playing in those days (Ibanez AS-200 [ES-335 copy]). I probably sold it while desparate for cash in Nashville. No wait, I traded it for a surf-green Yamaha solidbody somewhere in Indiana. Desparate times call for stupid measures I guess.
For a good laugh, check out the comments for the previous entry ("But It's a Dry Cold"). Don't get me started Dan!
I was able to watch round 3 of the WRC today (Mexico). It looks like things are off to a very predictable start (again). For the rest of the field, it's gotta be like playing against Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky. I still root for the Finns and Fords anyway.
And, HAPPY Birthday to my sister...you're almost as old as me now.
And, get well soon dad! The Tigers are gonna need a good reliever this year!
Could someone tell me why we observe Day Light Savings in a place where there is no day light for 6 months? What difference will an hour make? Does this make it easier to communicate with our associates in Denver? No, the phone still only works the same 11 hours per day (and, these hours still continue to change 4 minutes per day, everyday). I'm not complaining, this will never change.
Things are pretty much in a groove around here. Not too much exciting to report. The new bands are improving with every rehearsal. I realized that by not playing for the last 9 years, I now play better than I ever have. Did you catch that kids?: Stop practicing and you'll get better! It worked for me anyway.
I've also had a chance to augment and organize my MP3 collection. It is now over 300GB. Some of the people here had some really great stuff that my collection lacked.
I'm getting to know a few people here a little better. I was talking to someone last night who used to hang out at the same clubs in Anaheim/Orange that I did when I was in high school; she may have even been there at the same time. Small world. Of course, she was hanging at the (80's) Rock Club, while I was doing my best Brian Setzer imitation at the trendy Rockabilly club next door. Anytime I smell a clove cigarette (none here) I am immediately taken back to those days. It's funny how a smell will do that. I sure wish I had the same guitar I was playing in those days (Ibanez AS-200 [ES-335 copy]). I probably sold it while desparate for cash in Nashville. No wait, I traded it for a surf-green Yamaha solidbody somewhere in Indiana. Desparate times call for stupid measures I guess.
For a good laugh, check out the comments for the previous entry ("But It's a Dry Cold"). Don't get me started Dan!
I was able to watch round 3 of the WRC today (Mexico). It looks like things are off to a very predictable start (again). For the rest of the field, it's gotta be like playing against Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky. I still root for the Finns and Fords anyway.
And, HAPPY Birthday to my sister...you're almost as old as me now.
And, get well soon dad! The Tigers are gonna need a good reliever this year!