Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Thanksgiving in The States. We will celebrate the holiday tomorrow here at The Pole. They flew-in a bunch of real turkeys, potatoes, and other goodies. We'll be roasting, frying, and smoking the birds.

It was really great to talk to my mom and dad and sister this morning! I'm still amazed at satellite communications. Also, I received email from my aunt Mary Ann and cousin Lynn. It sounds like everyone back in Michigan is doing well.

Not too much new around here. We do get two days off this weekend (instead of the usual one day). I started my weekend by torturing that poor Gibson Les Paul until the batteries died in the Pandoras Box. It was a fun 2 hours. Due to the layout of the station, I can play anytime, at any volume, and not disturb anyone.

I'll probably try to get some extended sleeping sessions in this weekend. I've not been sleeping well during the week, but I do OK on weekends.

I hope to have some pictures of our fine feast posted in a day or two. It will be interesting to see the people around here "dressed up" instead of in some combination of cold-weather gear.