Wow, it is really warming up nicely this December! It balmy -22F right now, the warmest temp I've seen yet at The Pole. I still don't go outside much though.
It's Preventive Maintenance time in the Power Plant now. We took the fine running #3 engine off-line yesterday and transfered the power demand to #1 so that we could do an oil/filter change on #3. We will also be checking the valve clearances. It's so much easier to do this work when the engine is not installed in a vehicle of some kind. While the engine is down, the electricians will replace one wire that goes from the engine to the electrical switchgear. This wire caused us much heartache before it was temporarily repaired.
I watched the final two episodes of Band of Brothers tonight. That was rough. If you know a veteran of any conflict/war/police action...thank him or her!
To finish off the night (it's 6:35am now), there's supposed to be a showing of The Big Lebowski. I will don my robe and head to the B1 lounge (but no white Russians for me!).
The Dude abides.