Three Herc's (LC-130's) made it in last night! I think all of the Winterovers finally made it outta here. The second plane did not bring any people, just cargo. That's good news for those of us who have been living out of a single carry-on bag these last 2-3 weeks. No "stuff" has been brought into the station yet, but I think that's because the planes landed after midnight and there is no grave-shift cargo handlers. I assume that as the day-shift people start their work today, stuff will start to show up here in the station...fingers are crossed.
As a result of all the aircraft activity last night, I spent more time outside. It was -52F with a -74F windchill. It really wasn't bad unless you're facing the wind. My face protection was packed with my other stuff, so I have to use the snorkel on the jacket as a windbreak for my face. I was going to put up a video of the aircraft, but it's pretty fuzzy due to the contrails and blowing snow (they don't shut the engines off).
The first plane brought the Today Show crew. I heard they are focusing on "women in the Antarctic" so I won't be appearing. They left on the 3rd plane.
My work schedule moves to swing shift (3pm-1am) starting Sunday. The shifting satellite coverage times may interfere with getting email and making phone calls. We'll see. The coverage begins 4 minutes earlier every day.
All the morning flights from McMurdo have been cancelled for weather (again). Maybe the afternoon/evening flights will make it. I guess my intense interest in these flights will subside once all my stuff is here.