Friday, November 9, 2007

A Partial Victory

As I had hoped, the rest of the stuff I flew from the states with was on one of those Herc's the other night (I'm told I need to wait until January for the remaining 80lbs I shipped from Az in September). So, now I have several more shirts, the remainder of my ECW (Extreme Cold Weather gear), and my Pandora's Box. With the Pandora, I can get a wide range of guitar sounds from a device which is only slightly larger than a deck of cards. Also, this thing has a built-in rhythm section of bass and drums. The idea is that you select a type music (funk, rock, jazz, country, etc) and it starts playing a backing track in that style in the key and tempo of your choosing. Since quitting music back in '99, I've lost the calluses on my left hand. However, they're coming back. I played for a couple of hours yesterday. It gets easier all the time. What a great tool to build your chops.

It's now Saturday morning, and I've completed my last night-shift for a while. Starting Sunday I begin swing shift 3pm-1am.

The big event for this Saturday night is "James Brown Bingo." Now before you think this has something to do with The Godfather of Soul, let me explain. Our chief chef is named James Brown. And, it is quite apparent upon even the most casual of examinations, that he is no relation to "the hardest working man in show business". However, I'm told that these bingo games are almost as entertaining. Our Mr. Brown apparently takes his bingo very seriously. I hope to post some pictures tomorrow.

How's every liking this new blog format? I think it look much better. Please leave a comment if so inclined!