Sorry for the infrequency of these posts lately. Our satellite connection is moving into a time of day where I am typically pretty busy. And, the quality of the connection is worse than dial-up (you DO remember dial-up don't you?). The good news is that the piece to repair our big dish is here (I think). So, we should be upto 12 hours a day by the end of January.
Everyone seemed to have a really good time at Christmas. We only work 4 days this week, then 2 more days-off for New Years.
My band has made good improvements during the last few practices. We are looking forward to getting the New Years gig over-with so that we can return to 'normal' life.
I was informed yesterday that I'll be going to McMurdo for 6 days starting on Jan 2. It will be my first trip on an LC-130. More than anything else, I'm looking forward to breathing at sea level. Hopefully, re-adjusting to 10,000 feet won't be a big deal.